Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Katie's quilt.

I've been working on the "TicTacToe" quilt for my niece Katie. It's come along quite nicely once I got those tiny 4 piece blocks done. So, here's a pic of the quilt top so far.

Now I'm auditioning borders. I want to use the three colours in a border but I'm not sure of the widths. So here's pics of the three I've looked at so far.
Door # 1

Door # 2

And Door # 3.
I think I like Door # 3 the best. How about you? How do you choose what to use for borders?
I'm going to use the dark navy as the binding.
Now all I have to decide is how to quilt it. Any suggestions?
(And don't say "with thread!")

2 comments:

Christie describeHappy said...

Oh gosh, I really like how this pattern turned out in your fabrics!! The border all look good. For some reason the 1st choice jumped out at me. And you are picking borders the way I would. Lay them close to each other and take pictures.

As for quilting... no clue, but your "with thread" answer has me chuckling!! Can't wait to see more of this one!! Lucky Katie!!

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

I like #1. :)
That is such a pretty quilt. I love your fabrics.