Sunday, November 30, 2014

Feeling blue

Today, I spent the day in bed.  That means, between doing laundry, cooking meals, letting the dog out, reminding (several times of course) my son to do his delegated chore of the day (cleaning out the van) and other things.
To survive, I used a timer.  Put the laundry in, set the timer, go back to bed.  When the timer rings, get up and put in another load. Set the timer and go back to bed etc.
Why am I in bed?
Feeling yucky.
I've been burning the candle at both ends for the last few weeks and I think my body is just telling me to "stop!"
It's a good thing my son is a teen now.  He can be independent- at least when he wants to.  I remember these days when he was a toddler - I would just lay on the floor in the middle of the family room and let him just crawl all over me.  That way he was safe, and I could rest.  That was back when I spent half my life on night shift.  I don't miss those days at all.
So, I've not accomplished a thing today.  Yesterday I finished a customer quilt and started pinning the next one.  It's just going to have to wait for a couple of days now.

So, sniff, cough, that's it for today.
Back to bed.
T

No comments: