Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Hello out there in Blogland.

Hello my Blog. Welcome to my life. Today I hope is the start of a beautiful friendship. You see, you are my secret life. I am usually a shy individual, so stepping out like this is a big leap. A leap of faith. And faith I have. Faith in my God, that He is everything I need. Faith that He will provide and protect. So, it is with that courage that I step forth and show my God given talents to the world. I will be sharing with you my sewing and quilting creations. Some I do for me, some I do for others, some I do for hire. Regardless, I'll share the photos. The good, the bad and the ugly. After all, not everything turns out quite like I plan. So here starts the experiment. Right now, I am patiently awaiting the arrival of my first quilting frame. A second hand Inspira quilting frame for my basement. To that I will be adding a second sewing machine to my stable. A brand spanking new Pfaff Hobby GrandQuilter 1200, which is on layaway, so she'll take a little longer to move in. In the meantime, I'll be keeping my Janome QC 6260 humming. She's a good little workhorse. I just wish it had a bigger workspace or "harpspace." The 6 1/2" bed between the needle and the upright of the machine is a little cramped when working on a full sized quilt. Right now, the project in progress, is a Remembrance Quilt for the Canadian Quilt of Valour program. It will be donated on the behalf of its commissioner to a family of the armed forces who has lost their soldier in the line of duty. I'll get photos to you soon.

No comments: