Sunday, October 28, 2012

FNSI results.

I really should call it my Friday afternoon, all day Saturday and some Sunday too results.   I've been working on the "When you see this" quilt blocks for a while now.  I spread them all out at my quilting club meeting on Monday and realized I had quite a bit of catch up to do on the star blocks.  Since I need 97 of the checkerboard and 98 of the star blocks, I dedicated this weekend to seeing stars.  The 25 pieces in each block finish at a 5" square block.  You can just imagine how small those 1 1/4" squares are to work with.  For those of you who have followed my blog, you know that I don't usually use such tiny pieces.  But this is a great scrap buster of a quilt, so I got going.  I finished 20 star blocks this weekend.  So that puts me about half way.   This may just take me a while.  I want to get it further along though before I crack open a new project that I bought a couple of weeks ago.  But oh, I so do want to get into that pretty new fabric.
Here's my show and tell for FNSI.


Sue2sew said...

Looks great, Teresa. Well done on your recent progress. It is great to move ahead on a time consuming project. :) Sue

katherine said...

Such a beautiful quilt! Enjoy catching up on your blocks.