Monday, December 6, 2010

He got what he prayed for

You know the saying "Be careful what you pray for?" Well it's true.
My son has been praying for snow. He's been asking me daily "when" is it going to snow? I've been telling him that it will, but I just didn't know exactly when.
OK, now I know! We got our first snow, that didn't melt on impact, on Friday. DS had a PD day friday, so he got to play, play, play. Mind you, the grass was still peeking through.
Yesterday, it really started to snow. We got about 12". My son even asked if he "could" clean the driveway! How could I resist that offer!
This morning, I got a phonecall at 7:30 am. It was the lady I drive to work in the morning. She called to ask if my son's school was closed and if I'd still be coming. I was still in bed, so I hadn't looked outside yet. She told me all the schools were closed. So I checked the school website and sure enough, his school was closed as well.
So, I looked outside. Holy cow! The snow was over the bumper of the van. My dog had to pee so she flew out the door - and promptly disappeared! The snow is taller than she is! I laughed so hard my sides hurt.
So, now it's 8:30 and my son is playing outside in the snow. And the dog keeps coming and looking at me as if to say - "I want to go too!" But DS doesn't watch her when he's outdoors, so she's just going to have to wait until I get the urge to go play to.
I guess he got his prayers answered. All in one shot.

No comments: