Well, not really. It's just that the drill has been getting more of a work out. And the circular saw, and the screwdrivers etc. You see, I'm getting a boarder in my basement. So I rearranged the furniture so he would have an "area" of his own. Then I thought about hanging large curtains to make at least a private space. Well, that went out "with the bathwater."
After some thought, and a trip to the Habitat for Humanity ReStore store, I found a door for $10, and a counter for $10 and a nice 2 door lower cabinet, that one cost me $60, but it's nicer than what I have in my kitchen.
So, since you don't put doors on curtains (lol) yes, I had decided that a real, stud and drywall wall it will be.
Before you start thinking I'm over the top for a temporary boarder, let me explain that this is a self serving project.
You see, I'm designing it so that when I don't need it for a boarder - it will be perfect for my very own quilting studio!!
So, yesterday with some help, I got the one half of the wall up. Today I was going to get the second wall section done, however, where I want the wall is right where there is a light fixture. So I spent the better part of the day moving it. And then there is the little problem of balance problems. I don't do ladders well, and I did have one fall - right on my butt! So, it's on the "to do" list for tomorrow again, and for every day until said wall is up and ready for drywall.
The scariest part of this project - was cutting a strip of carpet out for the base stud. Talk about committing to a project! I had to cut a 4" wide by 7" strip right out of the middle of the room. Tomorrow I will be doing the second one. It's scary!
So, when it's up and photo ready, I'll let you have a peek. Until then, trust me! I love power tools, now if they only came in pink - like my screwdriver! :)