Saturday, January 21, 2012

A day to myself, and FNSI too. Oh, wait a minute...

So, it's Friday, and FNSI too. I have the day to myself so plan to stitch all day and evening.
Then the phone rings at 11:30 am. The school calling, please pick up DS, as he is ill.
OK, poor little guy (11). He had the flu last week, so I'm not surprised.
I pick him up and take him to the clinic to rule out strep throat - he gets that at a drop of the hat, it's negative. Diagnosis - a cold. A cold my foot. By the time we got home, he was feeling quite fine thank you. I think I've been hoodwinked.
Start bad mood here.
I did get back to my quilting, with "Mom, look at this" interrupting every few minutes. I finally told him that I was glad he was enjoying his video game but that didn't mean that he was free to interrupt MY activity every time he saw something in the game.
*yes, I was grumpy.
Continue to sew, making good progress. Had to set it aside to have supper.
Return to sewing "pile" to find cat, stretched out , sound asleep in the middle of the quilt. If it were my own quilt, not a big deal. However, this is a quilt for a client. Move cat.
Make a bathroom break, return to find said cat, quite comfortable, on the middle of the quilt. Move cat.
"Mom, can I have a snack?" (good grief, we just finished supper) "Sure son..." Return to project.... damn cat!!!!
So, I'm done for today. I don't think it would be wise to continue FMQ when I'm so p***ed off I could spit.
I'll post photos tomorrow.
No, not of the cat.

No comments: