Thursday, January 12, 2012

The end is near ..... Yay!!

The end is in sight for the necktie quilt from h**l. I did an all over feather quilting, so right now I'm just having to fill in some areas that were just a bit too big to leave open. I'm a bit concerned about the corners because the fans of ties on the corners make them quite stiff. I think it will take a while for them to drape nicely on a bed. (She may need to put the whole thing in a steam room for a week, or two, or three...)
I phoned the client yesterday and made an appointment to deliver it on Friday. Now I have a deadline. So, what did I do today?. Spent 4 hours making matching pillow shams. Bang head on wall here.
Now I'm just hoping I have enough of the fabric I want to use for binding.
I also had to make a quick trip to the Janome service store - to replace the thumb screw that holds the pressor foot on. Silly me - just because it has a slot for a screwdriver, doesn't mean you're supposed to use a screwdriver to tighten it (so the clerk said.) Well, I don't like wobbly feet, and if I finger tighten it, it domes loose, so I AM going to continue to use my trusty stubby screwdriver. I just won't reef on it quite so hard :)

No comments: