Saturday, August 14, 2010

Baby gift quilt. This one is a quickie!


Tomorrow I am going to a friend of a friend's baby shower. The last time she hung around with us she was 11 and my son was 4. Now she's a mom of a beautiful little girl. So, what to bring? A quilt of course. I admit I cheated, the fabric already had the sock monkeys arranged in squares, and I used some of my prequilted batting (the baby fabric that is prequilted that comes in those awful colours? I got a whole roll of it in a bonus box a few weeks ago so here's one place I could use it!) Add some backing from the same fabric line and presto! change-o! A quilt is born.

I did get to play with my new quilting frame, so this also counts as a practise quilt. I kept the pattern pretty easy, but by the end, it was getting easier. Can't wait to give it to her tomorrow.

No comments: