Friday, August 20, 2010

Friday Night Sew In

Tonight was my first time participating in the Friday Night Sew In, so do I pick something in my comfort zone? NO! I had this pattern from Mary Herschleb Designs sitting around since last winter and since I have never done paper piecing, I picked tonight to learn.
It is a bit of a learning curve - at least I remembered not to use my original paper pattern and make photocopies to work on. Somehow, I managed to reverse the picture left to right. But I still think it turned out pretty good for a first attempt. Only a few frog stitches, but not bad.

I still need to add the embroidery touches like bird's eyes, smaller twigs and berries on the twigs, but I'm bushed. I sewed for 5 hours today and that was before taking this project on. This took me 4 1/2 hours. Good night all!

4 comments:

grandmarockton said...

Beautiful work!

jan said...

Hi, there! Found you through Quilting Bloggers, I'm new to blogging, too! Love the cardinals! Look forward to seeing what you create in the future!

Sharon Camp said...

Friday night sew in's are the best. Look how beautiful your birds turn out. It was time well invested. Try again.
Sharon

Carol B in NH said...

Great job!