Saturday, May 19, 2012

FNSI

I should call it Friday Night Fuse In.  I started making the background fabric for my Snowbirds quilt.  It required me to fuse several shades of sky blue to a lightweight blue fabric background so when I add the snowbirds, the arcs will show movement.
Urg.
I'm an epic failure at fusing.  The first shot - I got goo on my iron and not noticing, finished ironing the good side of my fabric and leaving a lovely black smear.  After leaving it to sit for a few hours while I got my funk out, I decided to try to just rip the offending piece of fabric off - hoping the fuse would let go.  It did!  So I got busy adding more fabric again.  I now have the 24"x 36" backing fabric ready to go. 
I spent the rest of the evening photocopying the airplane pattern in different sizes to use on the quilt. 
I'm not showing photos. 
No, even if you beg, I'm not.
You'll just have to wait until it gets to the point of stitching before I take pictures.  I have a fair bit of fusing to do before that.
Oh, and I have to clean my iron.  And maybe make a new ironing board cover.
WISP.  yup, definitely a Work In Slow Progress.

On a better note, I picked up 2 quilts that I've made from their owners so I can sew a sleeve on them in time to show them at the Ragged Edge Quilters show this Friday and Saturday.

Thursday evening is set up.  SHOULD BE FUN, RIGHT?


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darn, a picture would have been nice. =) I've had disasters like that, but now I use a pressing sheet. Or try some parchment paper - that will work, too. =)

Jenniffier said...

I am glad to hear I am not the only one that didn't get my sew in done. Mine was friday night fabric ironing and sorting. Oh well what needs to be done needs to be done.

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

Someone told me to use magic erasers on the iron to get gunk off. Sorry about the gunk funk! LOL, but glad to see you got past it.

Teresa said...

cq4fun - parchment paper!! Now why didn't I think of that. I have a ton of that around the house because I don't bake without it. Thanks!!