Saturday, February 5, 2011

Quilting along.....

I've been working on my niece's quilt. The purple and blue one. It's going well and I'm having a lot of fun. I did the black shadows all the same with a "circuit board" pattern by Leah Day. It's interlocking blocks, looking like, well, a circuit board. Then each square on the quilt, I've put a different pattern. I've chosen things about the essence of nature, trees, lightning, waves, sun etc. Last night I did some auditioning of what pattern to put into the sashing. My old standby, feather meander, will not work here, it will be too dense, and not compliment the rest of the quilt. I did some loop de loops that I really liked, so that's what I'll probably use.
I'll get some pics up soon. Promise!

1 comment:

Christie describeHappy said...

It sounds very organic and structured... can't wait to see what you are up to!