Sorry, no photos yet.
But, just for fun, I'll share what I've been up to this week.
I'm making a quilt for my friend "K"'s mom. Her color choices are sage green, brown, yellows and oranges. So, I went shopping.
Then, I sat down and drafted up an original pattern. In a nutshell, it's a trellis made of diamonds or 2 sage green fabrics, separated by 3/4" brown sashing. Then I'm going to applique a vine weaving through the trellis. Followed by some flowers of yellow and orange prints.
Along the way, I learned how to stretch 2 yds of fabric to give me enough to make enough diamonds. Just a hint = it involved creative folding of the fabric so I could cut the diamonds without wasting fabric. Of the two yards of each of the greens - I have a piece 42"x8" left of one, and a triangle about 10"x15" of the other. Whew, that was close. If I had strip cut it like I originally planned, I would have wasted enough fabric that I would not have been able to get the diamonds cut from the yardage I had. I guess my Mom's teaching of frugality actually sank in! Over the years of making clothes from homemade patterns, and making sure we used the minimum yardage, I guess I'm learning!
So, no photos yet, but they will come. I'll probably have something to show after my Monday quilting club. Since my DS is finished school for this year, he'll be coming along! But don't fret, he has access to computers at the center, so he won't be stuck with us old gals for entertainment. Stay tuned!