I was puttering around today. I'm starting to feel like myself again.
A few weeks ago I picked up a couple of items of clothing at a local thrift store. They were made of ultrasuede, and it seemed just a shame to have them go to a recycler that would just grind them up for recycled fiber.
So for a buck, they came home with me. Today I started playing with that fabric, as I've never sewn ultrasuede before. It does stick to the table a bit, but not as much as leather does. So this is what I made. Just a couple of pouches. The first draft was a single layer with a gusset at the bottom. OK, but I'm not in love with it.
I like the second edition better. It is lined with the same fabric. I used the stitching detail from the pant leg to show on the side of the pouch. I did a squared off bottom, and I like it much better. It has enough body just with the fabric to stand on it's own. It's just the right size for a small camera or for a few cosmetics. Total cost- $1. for the fabric, .66 for the zippers. Not bad!