Monday, October 3, 2011

Back in the saddle again....

It's been a hectic month. I've already bored you with the construction stories, and the wedding stories, but they're history now. The wedding was Saturday, and it was beautiful and it all came together, even with the saran wrap suspenders for the ring bearer whose tux pants just would not stay up.
Now, after a day of recovery yesterday, I'm back to quilting again. I'm finishing up a D9P in purples and blues, with some pink and green. The ladies from my Monday group donated the flannel for the back when they heard that it was going to a young girl in my son's class that was recently diagnosed with leukemia. She's in treatment right now, and having a rough time of it, so if you could send some prayers heavenward for Julie, I'd appreciate it. I should have her quilt done by tomorrow evening, so I'll bring it to her parents home so they can bring it to her.
I took the top to the classroom on Friday, and all the classmates signed a block. I hope she'll be able to bundle herself up in it and feel loved. Here's a peek.



A friend of the family started a "food chain." This is where families and friends cook dinner for this family so that's one thing that they don't have to worry about. The lady who organized it set up an account on http://www.takethemameal.com What a wonderful website! It's a free service, where once the family account is set up, friends can log on and choose a date to bring a meal. You can see what was given the days before and after your date so you don't end up bringing spaghetti for the fourth night in a row. If you ever have to arrange meals, try this site. It is a great time saver, and a great organizing tool. There is even a sister site, http://www.perfectpotluck.com which provides organization for a potluck dinner.
Check them out!

1 comment:

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

Sorry to hear about Julie. I am sure she will love that beautiful quilt.