Saturday, October 2, 2010

The quilt show is done! Yeah!

My guild's biannual quilt show is finished. Between accepting quilts on Wednesday evening, Setting up the display racks and quilts and having the vendors move in on Thursday, then the show from 10-8 on Friday and 10-4 today, then tear down and sorting the quilts for pickup tomorrow, ----I'm pooped!
A happy camper, but plum tired out.
We had a smashing success. The visitors were happy, the vendors were happy and we had no major crisis.
Tear down today took 90 minutes. Set up took 5 1/2 hours !
If only I had someone else's charge card - I could have gone crazy in the vendors' mall. The one has custom made cabinetry for sewing rooms. Her son who makes them has a degree in industrial design, and he has a passion for woodworking so the sewing tables and cutting tables he makes are simply amazing pieces of furniture.
The assortment of fabric vendors made sure there was something to appeal to everyone.
Wow. But I'm glad it's over for another two years. I better get sewing to compile some new entries :)

No comments: