Saturday, January 22, 2011
The FNSI finish
I finished the purple and blue quilt top today. First I went to the fabric store to get more purple batik, as well as a purple print that I'll use for the binding. I dragged my son along. Then we went to the fairgrounds to check out a dog show. I've never been to a dog show, but we both wanted to see some schnauzers on parade, so we went. We missed them. The terrier class had shown at 10:30 am, and we arrived at 12:00. We did speak with one breeder who still had her dog there, but if there had been more, they were gone already. Better luck next time.
Here is a pic of the finished quilt top.
I've also discovered another sewing notion. One of those kind that you have around the house and one day you think, "hey, I wonder if......." I needed to label every block to keep track of which one went where, and I also wanted to keep straight how they were oriented so I didn't get a 'shadow' on the wrong way. So, instead of pinning a tag on them, or getting up to find some safety pins, I reached over and grabbed the stapler. It's a great way to label blocks. Once I had each one cut out, I stapled a tag with the number, onto the upper left corner. Then when I went to sew the shadows on, I got them right side up. They're so easy to remove - just fold the staple in half and ease the prongs out of the fabric. Should of thought of that one sooner!