Friday, January 21, 2011

Friday Night Sew In


I worked on my niece's purple and blue quilt. I worked until I ran out of batik. ....just...could....not...stretch...that...two.....meters....far....enough.....!
I tried. Really. But short of sacrificing the look, I did not have enough. I'll have to go out tomorrow and get a half meter of the purple batik in order to complete this top. Crap!
I hate it when I run out of stuff.

I have lots of the fabrics that I used to make the scrappy blocks. But, no more black, so I can't make another block to fill in the area either. And that would put things off anyway.

The good thing is, I've become a design wall convert. Up until now, I thought "poo,poo" about using a design wall, "just follow the pattern!". Well, it ain't so easy when you aren't using a pattern. And by putting it up on the wall - with pins into the drywall at that- I did rearrange the blocks to a more appealing layout. Now, if only I had bough 2 1/2 meters......
(center photo has the top row pinned onto the rest - across the middle)

I have a different quilt (the monster) on the frame right now anyway. And I'm starting to wonder if I want to quilt this one on the tabletop. I could do larger, more variable designs for each area - the blocks, the shadows and the sashing. Hmmmm.

3 comments:

501 Quilt Blocks said...

Love your purple quilt!

Angie said...

Very pretty! Great job with your FNSI.

Christie, Describe Happy said...

Even with the hold ups your are making great progress! Really loving it!