Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First day of school blues.

I sent my darling son off to school today. Grade 5 - when did that happen? It feels like yesterday that he was a toddler. Today he went off with his backpack full of binders and loose leaf paper, pens, not just pencils and crayons, in size 14 jeans and size 9 shoes. This means I can now officially fit into my son's shoes. Is that a milestone in any baby books that you know of? Well, he came home in a happy mood and says he likes his teacher. I am soooo grateful for that. He wasn't a happy kid much last year so I sure hope this attitude change lasts.
So what did I accomplish while he was gone today? --- Sweet big nothing! I napped. But before you judge - here's my excuse. Darling son was so nervous about school last night that he couldn't sleep. The sure cure for that is to let him go to sleep in my bed. Well, I was too lazy to put him in his own bed, so I pushed him over and went to "sleep." Sleep? Not a wink. You see, he snores. Not only that, he grinds his teeth in his sleep. So when the alarm went off this morning, mommy was one tired mommy. That is why I napped. So sue me. :)
Tomorrow is another day.

No comments: