Saturday, September 4, 2010

What a week~!

Ok, I guess in the grand scheme of things it wasn't that bad. I had to bring my laptop in for a tuneup and some work, and it took nearly all week. I felt like my right arm was missing - I guess that means I'm spending way too much time on the computer. To give my IT guy credit, it was during the week he was moving, and the cable and phone companies both messed up his hookup date so he had no phone or internet, so, I did try to be patient with the whole thing.



In the meantime, I did keep busy. First, I went to my sewing machine shop and took the Janome Horizon 7700 for a test drive. I fell in love. I was starting to reconsider my choice of the Pfaff Grand Quilter, when I was reading on the yahoo group so many tales of woe about thread breaking, oiling problems, tension problems, etc, etc... That's why I went to the store, because I had a niggling suspicion that I might not be happy with my choice. That and because I had been doing some quilting on my Inspira with my 6 1/2" Janome, I just knew I wouldn't be satisfied with the 9" throat on the Pfaff. One of my favourite quilting bloggers, Leah Day at http://www.freemotionquilting.blogspot.com/ has written great things about the Horizon. So, I did change my order. I'm going to get the Janome Horizon, and their shipment is supposed to come this week - hooray! I won't even have to wait forever. For the features on the machine, it is reasonably priced, but it still is the most expensive thing I've bought - except for my house and van!







I did manage to get some sewing done. Made a bag for my boarder, and one for a friend. So here's the pics. The blue one has pintucks on the front pocket, and I'm not too happy with the flap closure, but that's what I get for designing on the fly.


The olive, floral one has the all over quilting on the front. I love it.

No comments: