Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The last few days...

I have been busy - honest!! Between hobbling along of that darned foot, running my son to school and back, fitting in a few errands here and there, I have managed to do some quilting.
I've finished the top for mom's quilt, by putting on two borders - a narrow one in green with a wide one in red. It should go on the frame in the next day or so.
I also took in a quilt from a friend to do the stitch in the ditch and borders and binding for her. She's going to do the handwork around the embroidered blocks. This was the first time I machine quilted polyester high loft batting. And to sum it up - I don't like it at all. It's almost impossible to get it done without some puckers in the back. I starched it, I ironed it, I ripped out stitches....and still some little ******* puckers got in there! I think I'll stick to Warm & Natural - it has served me well. But it's done, and ready to give back so she can finish it for Christmas.
Wow, Christmas is less than 100 days away. I better get cracking!

No comments: